Related Dog Training Businesses
- Beth Hurley Dog Training Total: 7 Avg: (4.9)
- 2637 Laurel Ln, Wilmette, IL 60091, USA
- NorthShore Canine Academy Total: 19 Avg: (5)
- 105 Hollywood Ct, Wilmette, IL 60091, USA
- Big Sky Dog Training Total: 3 Avg: (5)
- 9011 N Kildare Ave, Skokie, IL 60076, USA
- Carlos Almazo Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 383 Central Ave, Northfield, IL 60093, USA
- Petco Dog Training Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 9645 Skokie Blvd, Skokie, IL 60077, USA
- Lakeshore K9 Total: 5 Avg: (5)
- 1715 Glenview Rd, Glenview, IL 60025, USA
- Your Dog's Guru, Inc Total: 4 Avg: (4.8)
- 1820B Skokie Blvd, Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
- Rover's Place Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 1810 Skokie Blvd, Northbrook, IL 60062, USA
- Unleashed in Evanston Total: 20 Avg: (4.9)
- 1908 Greenwood St, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
- Bark Busters Total: 2 Avg: (5)
- 7519 N Bell Ave, Chicago, IL 60645, USA
Adding a dog to your family is typically a very exciting decision. It is also decision that comes along with plenty vital decisions that will need to be made– one being when to start training your new dog. The sooner you begin training your dog with a professional dog trainer in Wilmette, the easier it will be to stop undesirable and unpleasant behaviors. This is because from the beginning you are setting up clear boundaries and rules for your dog to follow. By not training your dog, you are not doing any favors by your dog and often could be putting them on the wrong path. Similar to a young child with no rules or boundaries, they will push their limits regularly again and can usually be unpleasant to be around. And to no fault of their own, they have just not been shown what is expected of them and what is appropriate and what is not appropriate.
Getting your dog trained correctly is perhaps one of the best things that you can possibly do for him or her. Not only do they respond to the commands that you give, but they also often tend to be far happier, and more fulfilled dogs compared to dogs that are not. This is because you are providing mental stimulation; which allows them to put their brain to use rather than being bored and looking for ways to entertain themselves. Trained dogs are also less likely to end being re-homed, euthanized, or surrendered to a dog rescue; which is the key reason why it is so essential to start training your dog as soon as possible. And if you don’t know how to train your dog or how to stop problem behaviors; then it is always best to consult a dog trainer in Wilmette. They’ll be able to help you to better understand what your dog may need.
More About Wilmette
Wilmette is a village in New Trier Township, Cook County, Illinois, United States. Bordering Lake Michigan, it is located 14 miles (23 km) north of Chicago’s downtown district (4 mi or 6 km from Chicago’s northern border) and had a population at the 2010 census of 27,087. In 2007, Wilmette was ranked as the seventh best place to raise children in the U.S., according to Business Week.
In 2015, Wilmette was ranked the best place to live in the state of Illinois based on a variety of factors including its low unemployment rate, median income, low housing vacancy rate, high education expenditures per student, low crime, and short commute times. Wilmette is home to 2 of Illinois’ 17 elementary schools (Romona Elementary, St. Joseph School) to be awarded the 2017 National Blue Ribbon award.
Wilmette is located on the western shore of Lake Michigan and is a near northern suburb of Chicago, immediately North of Evanston at 42°4′38″N 87°43′25″W / 42.07722°N 87.72361°W / 42.07722; -87.72361 (42.077178, -87.723736). The North Shore Channel drainage canal empties into Lake Michigan at Wilmette Harbor.
We can also help you find dog training services in the following areas: