Related Dog Training Businesses
- Five Star Sporting Dogs Total: 1 Avg: (5)
- 8253 N Nason Ln, Mt Vernon, IL 62864, USA
- Jagger's Doggie Daycare, Dog Grooming, Training & Boarding Total: 43 Avg: (4.7)
- 414 Main St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864, USA
- Bullibone Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 17707 E Angling Rd, Mt Vernon, IL 62864, USA
- Ready Set Sit LLC Total: 14 Avg: (5)
- 115 S Sycamore St, Elkville, IL 62932, USA
- Canine Team Training Total: 1 Avg: (5)
- 204 Candlewood Dr, De Soto, IL 62924, USA
- Golden Standard Canine Training Total: 48 Avg: (5)
- 1633 E Walnut St, Carbondale, IL 62902, USA
- Groomingdales Pet Salon Total: 11 Avg: (4.9)
- 1009 Broadway St, Mt Vernon, IL 62864, USA
- Doggie Stylez Inc Total: 44 Avg: (4.8)
- 1012 W Main St, Marion, IL 62959, USA
- Petco Dog Training Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 1310-1312 E Main St, Carbondale, IL 62901, USA
- Sit Service Dogs Total: 3 Avg: (4.3)
- 519 Kilpatrick Rd, Ava, IL 62907, USA
Adding a dog to your family is often a really wonderful decision. It is also decision that comes along with several important decisions that will need to be made– one being when to start training your new dog. The sooner you begin training your dog with a professional dog trainer in Bonnie, the easier it will be to eliminate unwanted and bad habits. This is because from the start you are establishing clear boundaries and rules for your dog to abide by. By withholding training from your dog, you are not doing any favors by your dog and often may possibly be putting them on the wrong path. Similar to a child without any rules or boundaries, they will push their limits over and over again and can oftentimes be unpleasant to be around. And to no fault of their own, they have just not been taught what is expected of them and what is appropriate and what is unacceptable.
Having your dog trained correctly is undoubtedly just one of the best things that you can do for him or her. Not only do they respond to the commands that you give, but they also often tend to be far happier, and more fulfilled dogs compared to dogs that are not. This is because you are giving mental stimulation; which allows them to put their brain to use instead of becoming bored and seeking ways to amuse themselves. Trained dogs are also less likely to end being re-homed, euthanized, or given up to a shelter; which is the reason that it is so important to start training your dog early on. And if you don’t know how to train your dog or how to correct problem behaviors; then it is best to consult a professional dog trainer in Bonnie. They will be able to help you to better understand what your dog may need.
More About Bonnie
Bonnie is a village located in the southern part of Jefferson County, Illinois. Bonnie had a population of 397 in the 2010 census, down from 424 in the 2000 census. It is part of the Mount Vernon Micropolitan Statistical Area.
The first settlement in this area was Spring Garden, about four miles southeast of Bonnie. There were several springs in the area. Early in the 19th century, Uriah Compton walled them up and built a resort called “Compton’s Springs”. In 1848, the village of Spring Garden was platted next to the resort. Spring Garden grew rapidly, becoming the second largest settlement in the County, even having a high school by 1888. In 1905, however, the Chicago and Eastern Illinois Railroad was built about three miles to the west. Spring Garden began a long decline as the business and population shifted to the rail depots at Bonnie and Ina. George Washington Hayes (1842–1927) donated some of the land originally making up Bonnie.
We can also help you find dog training services in the following areas: