Related Dog Training Businesses
- Petco Dog Training Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 17930 Halsted St, Homewood, IL 60430, USA
- Always On Command Pro Dog Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- Flossmoor, IL 60422, USA
- Loubelle's Kennel-Pet Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, and Training Total: 42 Avg: (4.1)
- 16440 State St, South Holland, IL 60473, USA
- dog training lessons Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 3 Steger Rd, Steger, IL 60475, USA
- Total Control K9 College Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 16440 S State St, South Holland, IL 60473, USA
- Canine Obedience College Total: 24 Avg: (4.8)
- 4822 W 129th St, Alsip, IL 60803, USA
- Advanced Detection Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 2739 Glenwood Dyer Rd, Lynwood, IL 60411, USA
- Pawfect Angels Dog Training Total: 1 Avg: (5)
- 21439 Bramble Dr, Frankfort, IL 60423, USA
- K9 Tailshakers Total: 47 Avg: (4.9)
- 9204 Gulfstream Rd, Frankfort, IL 60423, USA
- Blitzen Canine Academy Inc Total: 15 Avg: (4.9)
- 8913 W Dralle Rd, Frankfort, IL 60423, USA
Adding a puppy to your household is typically a really fulfilling decision. It is also decision that accompanies a number of essential decisions that will need to be made– one being when to begin training your new dog. The sooner you start training your dog with a professional dog trainer in Homewood, the easier it will be to minimize undesirable and bad behaviors. This is because from the beginning you are establishing clear boundaries and rules for your dog to abide by. By withholding training from your dog, you are not doing any favors by your dog and unfortunately could be putting them on the wrong path. Much like a young child without any rules or boundaries, they will push their limits again and again again and can commonly be unpleasant to be around. And to no fault of their own, they have just never been shown what is expected of them and what is ok and what is unacceptable.
Having your dog trained properly is perhaps one of the best things that you can possibly do for him or her. Not only do they respond to the commands that you give, but they also tend to be far happier, and more fulfilled dogs compared to dogs that are not. This is because you are giving them mental stimulation; which allows them to use their brain rather than being bored and looking for ways to amuse themselves. Trained dogs are also less likely to end being re-homed, euthanized, or surrendered to a dog rescue; which is exactly why it is so essential to start training your dog early on. And if you are unsure how to train your dog or how to stop problem behaviors; then it is best to speak to a dog trainer in Homewood. They’ll be able to help you to better understand what your dog may need.
More About Homewood
Homewood is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States, and a suburb of Chicago. The population was 19,323 at the 2010 census. Homewood is a sister city to Homewood, Alabama. In 2007, Forbes magazine rated Homewood as one of the three most “livable” suburbs in the Chicago Metropolitan Area.
According to the 2010 census, Homewood has a total area of 5.259 square miles (13.62 km2), of which 5.21 square miles (13.49 km2) (or 99.07%) is land and 0.049 square miles (0.13 km2) (or 0.93%) is water. It lies on the Calumet Shoreline. The ancient shoreline can be seen clearly as the sand ridge along Ridge Road. A south suburban village, Homewood is 22 miles (35 km) due south of The Loop/downtown Chicago at 800 west and 18300 south on the Chicago grid system.
We can also help you find dog training services in the following areas: