Related Dog Training Businesses
- Church of the Nazarene Total: 5 Avg: (5)
- 227 W Washington St, Pittsfield, IL 62363, USA
- Pittsfield Farm & Home Supply Total: 197 Avg: (4.5)
- 1343 W Washington St, Pittsfield, IL 62363, USA
- Top Dog Training Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- Hardin, IL 62047, USA
- Best Friends Dog Training Total: 1 Avg: (4)
- 1428 Jefferson St, Quincy, IL 62301, USA
- Lonergan K9 Academy Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 402 Pendik St, Jacksonville, IL 62650, USA
- Lonegran K-9 Academy Total: 1 Avg: (4)
- 333 E Michigan Ave, Jacksonville, IL 62650, USA
- Casey Ray’s STL Dog Trainers - Cottleville Total: 22 Avg: (4.1)
- 4760 Mid Rivers Mall Dr, Cottleville, MO 63376, USA
- Corywood International Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 229 Sand Hill Rd, Foley, MO 63347, USA
- Dollar General Total: 43 Avg: (4.5)
- 1312 W Washington St # A, Pittsfield, IL 62363, USA
- Lifetime Canine Total: 1 Avg: (5)
- 1232 Continental Dr, Wentzville, MO 63385, USA
Adding a pet dog to your family is always a really exciting choice. It is also decision that comes along with lots of significant decisions that will need to be made– one being when to begin training your new dog. The earlier you begin training your dog with a professional dog trainer in Pittsfield, the easier it will be to avoid undesirable and bad habits. This is because from the beginning you are setting clear boundaries and rules for your dog to abide by. By withholding training from your dog, you are not doing any favors by your dog and often may be putting them on the wrong path. Similar to a young child with no rules or boundaries, they will push their limits over and over again and can commonly be unpleasant to be around. And to no fault of their own, they have just not been taught what is expected of them and what is ok and what is unacceptable.
Getting your dog trained correctly is undoubtedly among one of the best things that you can possibly do for him or her. Not only do they respond to the commands that you give, but they also usually tend to be far happier, and more fulfilled dogs compared to dogs that are not. This is because you are offering mental stimulation; which allows them to use their brain rather than being bored and looking for ways to amuse themselves. Trained dogs are also less likely to end being re-homed, euthanized, or surrendered to a dog rescue; which is exactly why it is so essential to start training your dog as soon as possible. And if you don’t know how to train your dog or how to correct problem behaviors; then it is always best to speak to a dog trainer in Pittsfield. They’ll be able to help you to better understand what your dog may need.
More About Pittsfield
Pittsfield is a city in and the county seat of Pike County, Illinois, United States. The population was 4,576 at the 2010 census, an increase from 4,211 in 2000.
Pittsfield was initially settled by settlers from New England. These settlers were of old Yankee stock, that is to say they were descended from the English Puritans who had founded and settled New England in the 1600s. A group of settlers from Pittsfield, Massachusetts headed west and settled this region of Illinois in 1820. When they arrived the area was a virgin wilderness, they constructed farms, roads and government buildings. Pittsfield was home to John Hay, Lincoln’s personal secretary, ambassador to England under President William McKinley, later Secretary of State for Theodore Roosevelt and creator of the Open Door Policy. As county seat, the town was one of the various places in central Illinois where Abraham Lincoln practiced law as part of the circuit court, working on 34 cases between 1839 and 1852. One local newspaper, now known as the Pike Press, was then owned by another of Lincoln’s future secretaries, John Nicolay, and featured an editorial containing one of the first known suggestions of Lincoln as the Republican nominee for the presidency.
We can also help you find dog training services in the following areas: