Related Dog Training Businesses
- Major Malamutes Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 30080 N 2380 East Rd, Gridley, IL 61744, USA
- Creations Dog Training Center Total: 20 Avg: (4.9)
- 112 Merle Ln, Normal, IL 61761, USA
- Pawsitive Transformations, LLC Total: 3 Avg: (5)
- 705 Watford Dr, Bloomington, IL 61704, USA
- Shickle K9 Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 1804 Blain Ct, Bloomington, IL 61701, USA
- Kudos for Canines Total: 8 Avg: (4.9)
- Unit C, 1201 Major St Unit C, Normal, IL 61761, USA
- The Dog's Palace Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 36590 E 900 North Rd, Saybrook, IL 61770, USA
- PetSmart Total: 347 Avg: (4.4)
- 1606 E Empire St, Bloomington, IL 61701, USA
- Four Leaf K9 Training & Daycare Total: 8 Avg: (4.5)
- 1204 E 11th Rd, Streator, IL 61364, USA
- K-9 Country Club Total: 40 Avg: (4.5)
- 414 Lumbertown Rd, Normal, IL 61761, USA
- Petco Dog Training Total: 0 Avg: (0)
- 1700 E College Ave #1, Normal, IL 61761, USA
Adding a pet dog to your family is typically a very fantastic choice. It is also a choice that includes a lot of very important decisions that will need to be made– one being when to begin training your new dog. The earlier you begin training your dog with a professional dog trainer in Lexington, the easier it will be to eliminate unwanted and unpleasant behaviors. This is because from the start you are setting up clear boundaries and rules for your dog to abide by. By withholding training from your dog, you are not doing any favors by your dog and often might be putting them on the wrong path. Much like a young child without any rules or boundaries, they will push their limits regularly again and can often be unpleasant to be around. And to no fault of their own, they have just never been taught what is expected of them and what is ok and what is not appropriate.
Getting your dog trained correctly is perhaps just one of the best things that you might do for him or her. Not only do they respond to the commands that you give, but they also usually tend to be far happier, and more fulfilled dogs compared to dogs that are not. This is because you are offering mental stimulation; which allows them to use their brain rather than becoming bored and looking for ways to amuse themselves. Trained dogs are also less likely to end being re-homed, euthanized, or surrendered to a shelter; which is exactly why it is so vital to start training your dog early. And if you are unsure how to train your dog or how to correct problem behaviors; then it is best to speak to a dog trainer in Lexington. They’ll be able to help you to better understand what your dog may need.
More About Lexington
Lexington is a city in McLean County, Illinois, United States. The population was 2,060 at the 2010 census. There are two theories regarding the etymology of the city name. One says it was named for the Battle of Lexington, where General Gridley’s father fought. and the other that it was named for the home town of James Brown, the town’s co-founder.
Lexington was laid out on 4 January 1836 by Asahel Gridley (1810–1881) and James Brown (c. 1802- ?). Gridley was a lawyer and banker from Bloomington who would eventually become the richest man in McLean County; Brown was born in Lexington, Kentucky, and Lexington, Illinois, seems to have been his only attempt at founding a town. Its founding was part of a great real estate boom that swept across the nation. Within a few months of the founding of the town seven other new towns were laid out in McLean County: Concord (now Danvers), Hudson, Le Roy, Livingston, Lytleville, Mt. Hope and Wilksborough. In common with other towns founded during the 1836 boom, and unlike many later towns, Lexington was designed around a central public square with streets running true north-south and east-west. In the case of Lexington, the original town consisted of 36 blocks, each containing six lots. Like most of the towns of the 1836 era the town was built along the line that divided woodland from prairie; the southeast corner of the town was just within the limits of timber. Like most Mackinaw River towns, Lexington was laid out on higher ground some distance from the river itself.
We can also help you find dog training services in the following areas: